It is 2015 and I have a feeling it’s going to be a good year for me. As I look back on the highlights of 2014 I can’t help but pat myself on the back for a life well lived.
1. Passing my Masters degree with distinctions.
2. Doing a course in PR, loving it so much that I passed it with distinctions.
3. Getting my first job.
4. Sharing failure I am grateful for at a Women Empowerment Dinner and inspiring people in the audience.
5. Watching my little sister thrive in her studies.
6. Taking the first to securing my financial freedom.
7. Chopping off my hair 😄.
I have not set any New Years resolution as I usually get derailed by the 5th of January. This year I have set two intentions:
1. This is going to be a year where I will strive for progress and not perfection when it comes to my fitness.
2. This is going to be a FEARLESS YEAR (I am a worrier but I am having none of that in 2015). I began taking fearless steps by stepping out of my comfort zone towards the end of 2014 when I decided to get a pixie cut which I have been putting off for years due to self doubt. I can proudly say I chopped off about 20 cm of my hair, although I am still getting the hang of styling short hair I will only go shorter from here. The excitement I felt when I saw the first bundle of hair fall on the salon floor was amazing and I would love to feel that as much as possible this year in other areas of my life.
What fearless steps do you hope to take this year? Do share them in the comments sections and I hope your 2015 will be as great as mine 💛